Friday 21 April 2017

catching up

The days are coming and going and it feels like we are playing catch up. Today is the first day in a few weeks with some space. I do have a list of things 'to do' but the rain has put a bit of a spanner in the works and I'm waiting for the electrician and handyman to show up at some point. Think I'll abandon the 'to do' list for today. Every now and then I am reminded that you can only push so far before there are repercussions. I've skated close to the edge quite bit this last year and finding myself feeling teary for no apparent reason is a sure sign I've pushed too far.

It is a bit unfortunate that I don't feel I have been able to really enjoy the process of buying this place, moving in and setting up. When energy and emotional resources are limited 'getting to the end' is more than enough. It wasn't until I took some time to reflect and journal that I realised just what a challenging 12 months it has been. Sometimes I have blogged about things, sometimes I have alluded to things and often I have been silent about things because some of the most painful things are not my story to tell, nor would it be appropriate to do so on a blog. My list of 'things' reminds me to be realistic and patient with myself, it reminds me that this is real life and it reminds me that others' lists are longer and heavier than mine (not to minimise my own but to help put it in perspective).

And now, some things on a lighter and happier note - having all the kids around for Easter,

Easter Egg hunt (some kids never quite grow up #Heidi Duthie)




Making S'mores, the real deal, all the way from the U.S. Thanks Cass. Oh and we roasted chestnuts too, thanks Rach.



Checking out the pro surfing at Bells Beach








No comments:

Post a Comment